The Seton Catholic Track Team is looking to build upon the success of last season and they’ve gotten off to a great start by sweeping their opening league meet at home. The Boys and Girls Track Teams swept their opening track meet with league wins over King’s Way Christian and Columbia High School. Also competing were Firm Foundation and Washington School for the Deaf.
The Seton Girls scored 249 points with their closest opponent being King’s Way who scored 128. The boys on the other hand managed to edge Columbia High School by just 1/2 of a point with a score of 202.
Seton took first in several events:
- Womens 100m- Emma Watkins 13.69
- Womens 200m – Emma Watkins 28.38
- Womens 400m -Riley McDonough 1:04.81
- Womens 800m – Abigail Wall 2:42.24
- Womens 1600m – Sydney Dyer 5:48.01
- Womens 3200m – Lara Carrion 12:16.60
- Womens 4×100 Relay- Jasmine Morgan, Tui Chitekwe, Montana Cowley, Emma Watkins 53.75
- Womens 4×400 Relay- Kate Junker, Lara Carrions, Riley McDonough, Jerrica Pachl 4:17.96
- Womens High Jump – Jerrica pachl 5-01
- Womens Pole Vault- Madison Beauchamp 6-06
- Womens Triple Jump- Tui Chitekwe 29-09
- Mens 800 Meters- Hayden Miller 2:14.59
- Mens 1600 Meters- David Carrion 4:57.43
- Mens 3200 Meters- David Carrion 10:49.48
- Mens 300m Hurdles- Caer Brion 46.75
- Mens Shot Put – Bobby Voitik 40-06.5
- Mens Javelin- John Traffalis 135-03
- Mens Pole Vault – Elijah Volk 11-00.0
The Cougs will be back on the track on Wednesday at Castle Rock for another Trico League Meet!