The Seton Catholic Girls Track Team has achieved another first for the program! One year after winning their first ever District 4 Track Championship they’ve followed it up with their second District 4 Championship making them Seton’s first Back to Back District Champions!
This season has been a season full of school records in individual events as well as relay team events. The Cougs won their second consecutive district 4 championship literally running away as they scored 128 points. Elma High School took second with 101 and Stevenson also from the Trico league finished third with 98.5.
11 Seton Girls qualified for next weekend’s state championships at Eastern Washington University!
- Girls 100m- Emma Watkins (2nd place), Montana Cowley (3rd place)
- Girls 400m- Jerrica Pachl (2nd place)
- Girls 800m- Riley McDonough (2nd place)
- Girls 1600m- Lara Carrion- District 4 Champion, Sydnee Dyer (3rd place)
- Girls 3200m- Sydnee Dyer (3rd place)
- Girls 4x100m relay- Montana Cowley, Jasmine Morgan, Aislinn Hogan, Emma Watkins- District 4 Champions
- Girls 4x200m relay- Emma Watkins, Montana Cowley, Jasmine Morgan, Jerrica Pachl- 2nd place
- Girls 4x400m relay-Katelyn Junker, Riley McDonough, Lara Carrion, Jerrica Pachl- District 4 Champions
- Girls High Jump- Ellie Saunders- District 4 Champion, Jerrica Pachl 3rd place
- Girls Long Jump- Michaela Ephraim 3rd place
Coach Pyatt was very pleased with the performance of all the girls saying; “these girls have heart, they came out and competed tonight. I’m very proud of all of them.”
On the boys side Seton also had some great performances with 6 athletes moving on to the state finals next weekend.
- Boys 800m- Hayden Miller (2nd place)
- Boys 1600m- David Carrion District 4 Champion
- Boys 3200m- David Carrion District 4 Champion
- Boys 4x400m relay- Griffin Young, Max Eline, John Traffalis, Hayden Miller- 3rd place
- Boys Pole Vault- Elijah Volk District 4 Champion
Congrats to our track athletes on a great season! Good luck at State! Go Cougs!