The Seton Catholic Boys and Girls Cross Country Teams made it a sweep on Friday with both teams winning the District 4 Championships. This is a first for both the boys and girls programs!
The boys started things off by taking the team championships with a score of 50 points out pacing their nearest competitor by 19 points. The boys had four runners place in the top fifteen giving them the overall team championship!
- Koen Ross 17:05 (2nd place finish)
- Paulo Vidales 17:47 (8th place finish)
- Gabe Marcham 17:50 (9th place finish)
- Brett Lamey 18:38 (15th place finish)
For the girls title the Seton Catholic Girls placed all seven runners in the top 16 with four of our runners taking the top 4 spots! Freshman Alexis Leone and Laura Carrion provided the large District 4 crowd an incredibly exciting race as they both led the field for the entire race running neck and neck. It wasn’t until the last 50 yards that Leone was able to gain the slight edge over Carrion and come away with the individual title.
- Alexis Leone 18:11 (1st place)
- Laura Carrion 18:12 (2nd place)
- Avery Garrison 19:21 (3rd place)
- Sara Cordova 19:37 (4th place)
- Alexandra Traffalis 20:21 (6th place)
- Virginia Carrion 20:50 (7th place)
- Abigail Wall 23:46 (16th place)
Congrats to Coach Pyatt and congrats to all of our cross country runners for taking the team titles and running through what has been a very difficult season! We are so proud of you!